Elder Abuse Personal Injury Attorney Services
When you find out an elderly loved one is being abused or neglected, your heartache can be great. Let an Orange County elder abuse attorney, like Eric Dubin, help ease the stress that comes from trying to find an alternate caregiver and possible medical treatment for the victim.
What Is Elder Abuse?
As people become older, they can become more physically frail and may not be able to think as clearly as they used to. This can leave a wide opening for caregivers and and others to take advantage or physically harm them. Orange County elder abuse acts on our loved ones may include:
- financial exploitation
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- hygiene neglect
Warning Signs of Elder Abuse
According to the American Psychological Association, two million older Americans are victims of abuse each year. With numbers this high, we need to make sure we are on the lookout for signs of Orange County elder abuse:
- Repeated Unexplained Injuries – These can include bruises, cuts or welts.
- Changes in Personality – Watch out for major changes in the elder’s behavior, including excessive suspicion or fearfulness
- Unexplained Changes in Finances Be wary of changes in the elder’s normal lifestyle, large withdrawals from their accounts or checks written with signatures that don’t match the elder’s.
- Lack of Hygiene – Caregivers can often neglect the elderly by not bathing them and allowing bedsores to crop up.
How to Get Help with Elder Abuse
If elder abuse goes unnoticed and unpunished, major personal injuries or wrongful death can occur. If you or someone you love is a victim of elder abuse, please get help! The National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA) investigates cases of elderly abuse and offers support to victims and their families.
You should also hire an Orange County elder abuse lawyer who cares and can help get you the financial compensation needed for medical treatment as well as new care giving.
Latest posts by Eric Dubin (see all)
- Oscar Pistorius Not Guilty Verdict Has Worldwide Citing Of The Star Chamber by Eric Dubin - September 11, 2014
- Another Honor For Orange County Personal Injury Lawyer, Eric Dubin: Featured as Attorney of the Month in Attorney Journal - August 7, 2014
- Handling Discovery Situations by Yourself - May 9, 2013